Ministry to the Poor through Community Transformation and the Gospel presented hand in glove; “Empowering the Power” or “Transforming Poor Communities”
- 22,000 children die each day due to poverty (UNICEF)
- 805 million people worldwide do not have enough food to eat (dosomething.org)
- More than 750 million people lack adequate access to clean water. Diarrhea kills an estimated 842,000 people every year globally, approximately 2,300 people per day.
- 80% of humanity lives on less than $10/day; 2.8 billion live on less than $2/day and 1.2 billion live on less than $1/day (un.org)
- Nearly 1 billion people entered the 21st century unable to read a book or sign their names
Jesus said that whatever we do for the least of these we do for Him (Matthew 25:40). We cannot leave our brother hungry and without the Gospel and education he needs to better his life, his family and his community. In order to do this, we have to take the Gospel, physical help and the education needed to empower the Poor out of the web of poverty. When we take this 3-pronged approach, we witness transformation of whole communities that works generationally.