“They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the Lord for the display of his splendor.” Isaiah 61:3
Mission: Empower the body of Christ to advance social justice
1. Bring true justice on earth through worship and strategic prayer.
2. Build wholeness in persons vulnerable to or rescued from sex trafficking.
3. Envision and equip the body of Christ to promote and act for social justice.
4. Empower families to parent persons affected by injustice.
Current action steps:
1. We are involved in weekly outreaches in the red-light district in Chiang Rai for visits and fellowship, prayer, and encouragement. In addition, in the past, we have offered free English lessons to serve and deepen relationships with the women. Currently, we have shifted to hosting special events and outings for the women to engage in fellowship outside of their work environment. The red-light district is in the midst of the tourist district and consists of bars, massage parlors and a large hotel. We share the love of Jesus as we build relationships with these ones who are in many ways marginalized in society. We have vision in the future to rent a building within or close to the district in order to provide a more consistent presence for prayer, relationship building and offering of practical skills.
2. We are working with Thai believers to mobilize them in reaching out to those who have been exploited. This includes imparting vision, conducting trainings and doing outings with those who have been exploited.
3. We are currently working in partnership with anti-trafficking ministry, Ezekiel Rain. As a team, we partner with ER in the weekly bar outreaches and in prayer. In addition, Jen is working within their restoration program, helping to develop curriculum, training Thai staff, coaching Thai staff in counseling skills, and leading counseling sessions within the restoration home.