EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW
Dear Missionary Candidate,
Thank you for your recent inquiry. On behalf of the entire staff here at Go To Nations we would like to thank you for your interest in missions, and encourage you to seek God diligently to see what part you are to have in Global Evangelism.
Go To Nations exists as a missionary agency that is committed to partner with the body of Christ in reaching the world with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Through Calvary Missions Institute you can receive college level credit for your training.
- Missions Candidate Training: Three times each year, Go To Nations holds an 18 day program called Missionary Preparation & Orientation(MPO). It consists of 6 days at our World Headquarters and 12 days of online training. MPO is designed to confirm and evaluate your missions call. The 6 days can also be key to giving a rich understanding of world missions to Pastors, Missions Directors, and Board Members. Our heart is to partner with and empower the church to fulfill the Great Commission. *MPO is required to become a missionary with Go To Nations. At the end of MPO, and upon approval, you will be given an opportunity to join Go To Nations with missionary status. We have two tracks, one for field placement - International Missionary Status, or part-time mission’s service - Associate Missionary Status. If you are accepted for field placement, advisors will help determine the specific track for you. This usually includes attending an Internship Program, followed by an Apprenticeship Program. Applications and reference forms for MPO are enclosed in this packet.
- Missions Internship Training: The Timothy Internship Program (TIP) is an entry-level field internship program held in San Pedro Sula HONDURAS, Chiang Rai THAILAND, or in Ouagadougou, BURKINA FASO, West Africa, which provides hands-on training with a team. The 10 1/2 week internship is focused on cultural immersion, training in community transformation and learning how to function as a New Testament Team.
- Missions Apprenticeship: The 1-2 year Apprenticeship Program is designed to mentor missionaries during their first year of field service. Our veteran missionaries help the apprentice missionary to fully integrate in every area.
- Short-term Trips: Go To Nations’ short-term trip arm exists to challenge, equip, and motivate people to discover their personal missions call to go into all the world through high impact mission’s trips, customized for individuals, groups or churches!
- Medical Missions: We mobilize members of the healthcare community to serve on short-term missions trips or full-time to provide services in underdeveloped countries in hospitals, clinics and in disaster relief situations.
- Islamic World Missions: Because there are language and cultural barriers, most people do not feel equipped to share Jesus with Muslims. A trip to the Middle East or the “Breakthrough Islam Seminar” can change that!
May God Bless you as you seek out His calling for your life. If you have any other questions about our organization and missions training opportunities please feel free to contact us.
Answering His Call,
Dr. Faye A. Battle
Director of Missions Training
(904)398-6559, ext. 1118
3771 Spring Park Rd.
Jacksonville, FL 32207