Where Do We Go From Here?
by Nancy Lovelace
On June 6, 2017, I proclaimed the Lord’s goals for Go To Nations, to be completed by the year 2030, in the presence of nearly 200 missionaries gathered to receive our marching orders as “THE FINISHERS”. Our next set of goals are:
· 1000 Millennial Missionaries
· 10,000 National Missionaries
· 100 Global Movements
· The fulfillment of the vision for Eden Gardens with GTN and GloDev facilities
When the 2020 goals were given in July 2000, they were released by inspiration of the Holy Spirit through Dr. Jerry Williamson. Now, 17 years later, we have already surpassed three of those goals. Again, by inspiration of the Holy Spirit, He unveiled our next set of goals for the year 2030 while I was leading a corporate prayer at the Go To Nations Experience last year. At the time, I did not realize that they would become goals and be given a timeline as I boldly declared that night what I felt to be the heart of God for GTN.
I encourage and even admonish all our missionaries to go back and listen to the three rhema words that were delivered that morning at the Gathering of the Finishers Reunion by me, Craig Kuehn and then Dr. Jerry Williamson, in that order. I lay out who we are, where we came from, and where we are going. Craig lays out a prophetic word of the Spirit’s strategy on how to go where our Commander is calling us as the Ekklesia, and Dr. Jerry concludes with a NOW strategic action plan to fulfill our mission. (Click on the following names to listen to Nancy Lovelace’s, Craig Kuehn’s and Dr. Jerry Williamson’s messages.)
The Barousses asked that I write for this Member Care Newsletter a follow-up, “Where do we go from here?” The reason is that because of the declarations and decrees that were made, things are shifting and being set in motion - all over the world – to accomplish those goals. There are things shifting around you, your ministry, your city and your calling in which you need a better understanding. For example, we just held the first MPO ever that was composed completely of Millenials - 11 of them. I believe this is due to declarations of the goal of 1000 millennial missionaries. I implore you to make it a priority and to take time this week to go back and listen to those three words, in the order they were given. The flow is impeccable if we have ears to hear what the Spirit is saying.
So, where do we go from here…
I know that I personally hit a wall this summer, with shear exhaustion and coming face to face with some suppressed negative emotions that I had no idea were below the surface. You see, sometimes we can become so focused on the mission that we neglect taking care of the temple that hosts our spirit AND God’s most Holy Spirit. I lead the way in repenting of that now and asking forgiveness. Is it just me in this place, or a work of the Spirit in His Body? I believe it is a deeper work that He is doing in His Body.
With that, I have been listening to the Holy Spirit’s voice and hearing confirmation after confirmation from the prophets.
We are at a tipping point for breakthrough. Will you relax now that we are so close to crossing over “that fence”, that you have approached so many times and never made it over, or will you PUSH like a woman in childbirth and not only go through the gate but clearly to the other side?
As we approach Rosh Hashanah, September 20, the beginning of the Hebrew Year 5778, the year of the GATE, we have some final preparations and work to do.
Last night, I prayed for an illustration or a story to drive home what God is saying to us. The life of Esther came to mind. As I took my morning walk today, I listened to the book of Esther on my phone, gleaning so much parallel to what I have been seeing by the Spirit. When I returned home and sat down at my computer to write, I opened my email to find Lou Engle calling for an Esther Movement, for women to fast and purify themselves September 1-30th, for our families and our nation, and to gather at the Washington Mall on October 9. See Lou Engle's call here.
Let’s review a few things about Esther’s story. The Jews had found much favor in Susa, with complete autonomy to grow and thrive under the rule of King Xerxes. They were positioned for either annihilation or a tremendous revolution, but had most likely grown comfortable, as has the church today, and probably didn’t see the potential for either coming.
There was a sudden turn of events when Queen Vashti refused to appear before her king, the council revolted and threw her down, taking new virgins into the king’s harem. Hadassah (Esther), a Jew and a Jewish leader’s niece, was one of the young women taken. Today, there is again a shifting of people in power and places of authority. God is aligning things for His purposes, with people He has prepared.
Even though Esther had been mentored by Mordecai, her uncle, and had grown greatly in her faith and her character, wearing honor and submission to authority like a cloak, she had yet another year of preparation: six months of myrrh and six months of perfume. This would be a deeper time of consecration and preparation to be set apart to go before the king. It had to be lonely and scary, calling on her deepest faith and connections with her God. Today, God is leading us into a deeper consecration and many are being tested just like Esther was during that year of final preparations.
Myrrh has powerful cleansing properties. I believe the first six months represented a deep cleansing, another circumcision and cutting away of the flesh. This was followed by six months of perfume, which I believe symbolizes God’s fragrance upon our lives, His anointing.
Haman, who was corrupt, driven by an evil motive to destroy all of the Jews, God’s people, and to ultimately be in charge of everything, rose in power, leading up to a written decree that he obtained from the king to annihilate all of God’s people. It seemed he was invincible, growing in influence, wealth and loyal patrons. I believe many would agree there is a similar spirit at work against the Body of Christ in America and globally today.
This humble woman who had been broken in life, was now positioned to rise again through her relationship with God, to be placed as the intercessor, the go-between. She was queen, but even her title and position of authority couldn’t accomplish for her what she was called to do. Esther had to know God to the depth of her core and be fully surrendered for what was to follow. There was no time now for the flesh to raise its ugly head. She counted her life as already gone when she said, “If I perish, I perish, but I am believing and interceding for my people.” She recognized that she fully belonged to her God and was therefore ready to risk everything on behalf of her people, out of love for Him. She did the unthinkable.
We know how history unfolds in this story, but how does it relate to us today? I believe God is calling us to:
- a time of consecration, a time of cleansing on a deeper level- possibly from things buried on a subliminal level in our thinking and emotions,
- and a time of lingering in His presence to glean a deeper revelation of Him, His heart and His strategy for this hour (greater fragrance and anointings).
Much is at stake as it was in Esther’s time. We have our God and we can come boldly before His throne, thanks to Jesus our Advocate who is the King of kings, who has gone before us. We need supernatural breakthrough on so many fronts, but it will take a different anointing than we currently possess. He is ready and waiting for us.
- Will we allow the Holy Spirit to pour myrrh into our souls, to cleanse us?
- Will we linger in His presence for His fragrance, His anointing, His strategy to do the impossible; just as Esther went through the gate and made the way for the Jews to possess their destiny?
It’s obviously going to require some hard work as we look ahead at these audacious and overwhelming God-size goals. However, I have learned that if we lean into Jesus and really surrender to the process, He will not only prepare us but do the work through us. God is entrusting us with the nations, with His sons and daughters yet to be redeemed. Are we submitted to Him to go deeper?
Some practical steps:
- Decide to designate time to be with Jesus where you can linger and DO IT! Read 2 Timothy 2:15 and mediate on it.
- Allow Him to search your heart. Read Ps. 51 and mediate on it. Have a conversation with Holy Spirit and ask Him to reveal what's going in your heart.
- Ask Holy Spirit what God is doing in your life right now? Pruning? Testing? How do you respond? Read John 15 and mediate on it.
- Pray in the Spirit for an extended time and listen with your spiritual ears. Allow your prayer language to change and lean into it. Holy Spirit wants to expand your spiritual awareness and acuity. Read Jude 20 and Romans 8:26-28 and mediate on them.
- We are at war. If you haven’t been spending much time in the Word, in prayer and with people stronger than you are who are speaking into your life, you probably shouldn’t trust much of what you are thinking. Repent, get in the Word, get control of your thought life and find an accountability partner. Read II Corinthians 10:5 and Ephesians 5:21 and mediate on them.
- If you are questioning God, your leaders and struggling with fear, doubt and unbelief, hopelessness or helplessness then the spirit of Jezebel and her cohorts are lying to you and trying to steal your calling. Read I Kings 19. The enemy cannot steall your calling, but you can give it up. Resist and submit to God. Read James 4:7-20 and mediate on it. Get with your accountability partner, a counselor and/or your leader and uncover the devil’s lies so that he will have to leave. What’s brought out of the dark into the light can no longer have power over you.
- Lean into the Holy Spirit to hear His voice, to be led by Holy Spirit all day in all your thoughts and actions. Let Him order your day. Read and meditate on John 14 as Jesus comforts His disciples and defines the role of Holy Spirit.
- Fast and enter into a time of purity, seeking God’s face and interceding for those trouble areas where you need a genuine breakthrough during the month of September. Press into the corporate anointing by faith as others all over the world are doing the same.
- Study the book of Esther and allow God to show you His strategy for your personal breakthrough!
In this time of my life, I have really enjoyed the Message translation and have also purchased the Mirror Bible, that covers the book of John and the Epistles. Get a translation that speaks to you.
Here is the end of a prophetic release by Larry Pearson, while on a conference call with Paul Cox and Steve Schultz on August 7th. Be encouraged by the Lord’s counsel.
“We welcome the Spirit of the Lord that's resting upon us to heal, to deliver, to set prisoners free, to set free cities that have been imprisoned. Regions set free. This will be like the spirit of Elijah doubled. It's like the ministry of Elisha coming forth with a double portion of the spirit of Elijah. I will explode upon the earth and remove the dearth from depression and the despondency from witchcraft, which will topple at the fire of My presence. Jesus will be exalted.”
“Be bold and courageous for the Lord Your God is with you.” (Joshua 1:9); “Fight the good fight of faith.” (1 Timothy 6:12); don’t hold back for “The Kingdom of heavens suffers violence and the violent take it by force.” (Matthew 11:12); Don’t look back! (Genesis 19:26). Remain worthy of your calling for you are more than a conqueror through Christ who strengthens you! (Romans 8:31-39).
With much love, prayers and gratitude for each of you, and gratitude to the Trinity and for Jesus entrusting each of us with His holy calling!
Executive Vice President of Global Ministries